Verifies Age, Source and Process of Individual Cattle
Tri-Merit allows cattle producers to collect and certify information about individual animals. Animals that are age-, source- and process-verified yield higher potential premiums at sale time. Adding this data is a means of turning "generic" cattle into "brand-name" cattle, increasing their marketability and your reputation as a producer of quality livestock.
Tri-Merit is a USDA process verified program and country of origin label (COOL) compliant. In addition, Tri-Merit can help you comply with future USDA programs including Livestock Traceability requirements.
How Tri-Merit Works
- You (livestock producer) provide calf records to a Tri-Merit facilitator
- The facilitator enters the records into the Tri-Merit electronic data warehouse
- Records can be updated as needed
- Records are completely secure
- Records are accessible only by the facilitator and producer
In order to qualify for participation in Tri Merit, specific requirements must be met to insure that animals are properly identified and the necessary records for these animals are maintained. All cow/calf and Dairy operations must be approved by a desk audit conducted by GAM. All other operations ( Feedyard, Backgrounder, Tagging Station, and Dairy Calf Ranch) must contact GAM support for specific audit requirements and documentation.Contact a GAM Sales Representative